Breakbeats In The Mix /w H0ffman
If you produce electronic music, chances are high that you enjoy your tracks being spun by a DJ – after all, a DJ mix, be it on the radio or in the club, is dance music’s natural habitat and testing ground!
So, like last year, we would like to provide you with exactly such an opportunity – but with a style twist! H0ffman, veteran demoscene musician and DJ, invites you to enter your hottest breakbeat-infused tracks, so that he can present your entries in a hot continuous mix.
Want to be part of his digital record bag? The entry titles will be shown on the stream – so you can dance and vote at the same time!
- Format: WAV, MP3, OGG. If you choose to use any other format like MOD or XM, please provide both the original tracker file and a WAV, MP3 or OGG recording.
- Deadline: Tuesday, 10 August 2021.
- Maximum length: 4 minutes. Please take note that, due to the nature of a DJ mix, your track will not be played in full, but blended into the previous or next track. It is completely at H0ffman’s discretion when and how long to play your track.
- Speed: 125 to 140 BPM.
- Your entry has to be previously unreleased and consist of original material, i.e. no remixes and no copyrighted samples.
- You are not allowed to be registered with any copyright society. This includes, but is not limited to, all member societies of BIEM.
- This year, there will be no preselection jury – it is completely at H0ffman’s discretion whether or not to play your track. After all, you can’t force a DJ in the club to play your song either! So, before submitting, think about what kind of music you would expect H0ffman to play, and put some effort in production and mixdown.
- Stylewise, all sorts of breakbeat-based styles within the BPM range are especially encouraged – UK rave/hardcore, nu-skool breaks, future jungle, you name it!